Mahawish (Misha) Rezvi
Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism, New York, NY
Master of Science, digital media concentration May 2010
Produced a digital master’s project www.imamonamission.com, video and text contributor to the ‘Big Hurt’ online multi-media project, produced a 18 minute documentary ‘Saving the Side Show’, which screened at the Coney Island Film Festival 2010.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
B.A. Economics May 2006
Course work included: Finance and Accounting
Thomson Reuters, Islamabad, Pakistan March 2012-May 2012
• Reported and wrote daily Reuters articles, coordinated with the stringing staff and conducted field news coverage
• Coverage area: terrorism, business, stock reports, breaking news events such as the Siachin avalanche and Bhoja air crash
The Express Tribune, Karachi, Pakistan October 2011- February 2012
• Launched the newspaper’s first web exclusive video show
• Shot, edited, researched, wrote, and coordinated the daily web show with all the other bureaus of Tribune
• Wrote features for the weekly T-magazine
Thomson Reuters, New York, N.Y. June 2010- Present
• Produce live three minute news shows on the hour for Reuters Insider multimedia platform
• Create on-air graphics, line produce visuals and sound bites
• Video edit recorded enterprise and news analysis shows and produce live stream coverage of news events
• Maintain Insider’s content management system, copy edit headlines, descriptions and all video related content
Huffington Post, New York, N.Y. February 2010- Present
• Contribute articles weekly to the ‘World’ section of the site.
CNN, New York, NY. January 2010-April 2010
News Intern~ Campbell Brown Show
• Shoot video for web packages, prepare editorial research and assist staff with show production.
Dawn News TV, Karachi, Pakistan December 2008 – June 2009
Associate Producer~ News Eye – primetime one hour live nightly news flagship show for 1st independent English news channel in Pakistan
- Control room producer creating live graphics and visuals
- Assigned news coverage, and wrote anchor copy along with producing packages
- Responsible for all production logistics
Coverage Highlights: Obama inauguration, Swat military operation in northern Pakistan, Taliban attacks in various cities across Pakistan; producing on location shows.
Geo English TV, Karachi, Pakistan April 2007- November 2008
On-Camera Reporter/Associate Producer
- Part of the launch team for Pakistan’s 2nd English News channel
- Daily reporting, news/enterprise reporting, and breaking news coverage
- Control room graphics creator for daily bulletin, live coverage, and line visuals in charge
- Produced international news segment including making packages on international stories
- Script writing, editing and visuals editing on final cut pro
Coverage Highlights: The Lawyers movement, the plight of under trial prisoners, the woman’s right to divorce under Islamic law, wage disparities between the sexes in Pakistan, political coverage for Benazir Bhutto’s return to Pakistan, later her assassination. President Musharraf’s state of Emergency and Pakistan’s historic elections of 2008 and President Musharraf’s resignation. Also part of Geo News US election 2008 live coverage.
Language Skills: Fluent in English and Urdu, conversational Hindi, and basic German
Web skills: Dreamweaver, Flash and Word Press.
Digital audio and video recording and editing, Adobe Photo Shop, Final Cut Pro and various CMS
Educated in: Hong Kong, Vienna, Austria, Karachi, Pakistan and the United States.
Traveled extensively in Asia and Europe and the Middle East.
Choir singing; second alto women’s four-part choir, South Asian Journalist Association, Society of Professional Journalists.